Kisangani, Congo (Zaire)
Until 1966, Kisangani used to be called Stanleyville. The city was established in 1883 and was called Stanleyville after Sir Henry Morton Stanley. It is located along the Congo river, in what was earlier Zaire. This city has many industries, some of which are brewing, furniture making, agriculture etc. A hydroelectric dam, universities and an international airport serve the city. It has a population of over 417,000 people.
[ Western Africa - Northern Africa - Eastern Africa ]
[ Central Africa - Southern Africa - the African Islands ]
© Copyright 1998, ThinkQuest team 16645
All rights reserved.