A great amount of work went into making of our entry. From beginning to end, we spent hundreds of hours researching, developing articles, Java applets, graphics, and page layouts.
Our first step was to divide up the work, taking into account everyone's interests and abilities. Soon we had split up the work and began our research.
To do our research, we first looked for web sites on Cuba. After finding many, we put together what we found and amassed a collection of over 150.
We also all visited libraries at local universities, where we found dozens of useful books on Cuba. We also went to bookstores to look for more modern resources. Eventually, we had a large amount of information from which to do our research.
We began putting together information on various sections. Everyone received a copy of each other's work, and we all contributed comments and suggestions for improvements. Often there were delays in this due to time zone differences and school demands.
There were times when we had to communicate to plan out what our strategy would be. This was made difficult by the time zone differences, but we would plan meeting times when one of us would get up early or stay up late so we could discuss our plan. We used a shareware communications package called