Commonwealth of Learning Certificate for Teacher ICT Integration (CCTI)
Course and student community site at cctionline.org
The Commonwealth of Learning initially funded the redevelopment of the Educators' Network distance learning qualification which SchoolNet has been offering as an Advanced Certificate in Education (ACE) through the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
The new qualification, the Commonwealth Certificate for Teacher ICT Integration (CCTI) is offered to all Ministries of Education and teacher training institutions in Commonwealth countries. Currently it has been introduced in Trinidad and Tobago, The Bahamas and Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada and St Vincent and the Grenadines. SchoolNet has been involved with building local tutor capacity in some of these countries.
The CoL teacher development framework is aligned to the internationally recognised UNESCO ICT Competencies for Teachers and the CCTI courses have also been well-mapped to the UNESCO competencies as well as the TPACK and SAMR models.
In 2014 CoL funded a complete review of the CCTI content domain and the development of 9 courses, some of which are new and others revisions of original modules. The courses were placed into an online learning management system at cctionline.org.
SchoolNet is an accredited teacher development course provider with SACE. SACE Conitnuing Teacher Professional Development points are indicated in brackets.
- Professional Development with Technology (10 points)
- Designing Learning (20 points)
- Technology-Enriched Teaching (10 points)
- Education in a Digital Society (10 points)
- Innovative Approaches to Learning with Technology (12 points)
- Planning Learning Through Projects (10 points)
- Managing Technology-Rich Learning Spaces (10 points)
- Planning Technology Integration (10 points)
- Change Leadership in Schools (15 points)