ICT Leadership for Education Managers
Teachers using ICT in administration and lesson planning (Module 2: Workshop 2)
Factors for effective use:
- A clear vision of ICT should be communicated to all levels of staff and the wider school community.
- Head teachers should personally use ICT to raise the profile of ICT in school.
- Participate in online communities to help reduce professional isolation.
- Access is needed to professional development for strategic leadership of ICT.
- Effective use of EMIS to reduce the time spent on administrative tasks and provide useful data.
By the end of this task you could achieve the following outcomes:
- Evaluate whether ICT can help teachers to become more efficient in their daily tasks.
Workshop questions: Should teachers use ICT in schools?
Can ICT make teachers more efficient in their daily tasks?
|1||Work in pairs. (15 min)
||» Click here to do the Showing Evidence activity.|
|2||Work in pairs. (30 min)
» Using a desktop publisher to stimulate after-school activities.
» Using the Internet for research.
» Using the word processor for interactive worksheets.
» Using presentations to share knowledge.
» Using a desktop publisher for brochures.
|3||Work in pairs. (45 min)
» Click here to view the ICT scenarios for teachers.
|4||Work in pairs. (15 min)
|5||Meet as a whole group (15 min)
|6||Community of principals
Join the Partners in Learning Network and find a community of principals online.
|» Go to the Partners in Learning Network|
Related scenarios» Teachers growing in ICT competence
» How teachers use ICT to enhance learning