There are five Web2.0 applications that I think make a blog a really worthwhile teaching tool in a technology integrated classroom. They are:
1) Box.net where you can store documents that you have created and link to them.
2) Embedit.in which allows you to embed anything on your blog.
3) Slideshare which maakes an e-book from a PowerPoint or PDF. This is so useful for instructions.
4) Screencast-o-matic where you can explain and show at the same time.
5) Vocaroo.com where you can give verbal instructions to the class.
Best of all – they are all free!
This slideshare shows you how to use each one of these applications.