Are you a digital leader at a secondary school or tertiary institution who is passionate about supporting colleagues to make appropriate use of technology?
The Commonwealth of Learning has designed the C-DELTA (Digital Education Leadership Training in Action) programme in collaboration with the University of Cape Town to benefit all Commonwealth countries. The programme aims at fostering leaders in schools who can influence their colleagues to use digital learning appropriately and effectively for learning and for supporting sustainable development.
SchoolNet SA is in the process of identifying suitable lead teachers to participate in the initial C-DELTA workshop and online training programme who will then be able to train colleagues and implement the programme at their schools between January and March 2019.
The face-to-face workshop will be held in Johannesburg between 18 and 20 January 2019.
Travel and accommodation for selected lead teachers will be covered by the Commonwealth of Learning. There is no cost to attend the workshop or to complete the online programme, however applicants will need to commit to training colleagues using the C-DELTA platform on completion of the programme.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you should:
- have a good level of digital competence
- be a teacher/ technology coordinator at a high school or lecturer at a university or TVET College
- hold a digital leadership position that involves coaching or training colleges to increase their digital skills and technology integration
- willing and able to attend the face-to-face kick-off workshop in Johannesburg between 18 and 20 January 2018
- committed to completing the online C-DELTA course
- willing to serve as the C-DELTA coordinator for your school which includes, conducting an orientation session, supporting at least five colleagues in their digital journeys with C-DELTA, organising group sessions on modules as required, and providing a short report on activities conducted to promote the use of the C-DELTA platform
If you meet the criteria to be considered for this professional development opportunity, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with C-DELTA as the subject line by 31 October 2018. You will then be sent an application form to complete. Candidates selected to be part of the C-DELTA program will be informed in early November so that they can plan to be at the workshop in January 2019.