On July 5th, 2015 Microsoft announced the availability of DEEP LEADING (http://aka.ms/deepleading), a resource for K-12 School Leadership built as a downloadable OneNote Notebook. The resource was co-authored by Dr Maria Langworthy, the lead researcher for the ITL Research (www.itlresearch.com) and Mark Sparvell, Microsoft.
Teachers and Leaders will find DEEP LEADING valuable as:
- A ‘conversation guide’ to facilitate deep learning conversations built around the 21CLD materials.
- A collection of professional learning materials to build leader and teacher capacity to leverage digital to drive improvement. See this example in Sway for how one school is using this: https://sway.com/EdWFIHqyAChz40qg.
- A different approach to improvement planning using an appreciative/strength-based approach.
- A collection of ideas about BEST practice and NEXT practice using MSFT solutions.
- A place to store critical conversations.
- A resource to bend, shape and grow to suit YOUR NEEDS and YOUR CONTEXT.