How do you transform mathematics from the most disliked subject in school to every student’s favourite pastime, even beyond school walls? By introducing Microsoft Math! Microsoft Math is a free, online high school learning support service for Grade 10-12 students in South Africa and globally, provided by Microsoft. This is a 24-hour service that will benefit Grade 10-12 Maths learners enormously. It is available on any device and it provides:
- thousands of Maths exercises
- examples of how to solve them
- theory and tests
- instant, interactive feedback
This free application is not to be confused with Microsoft Mathematics! It is available on https://math.microsoft.com
There is a great video on the Internet called: “Now Mathematics is like My Friend”. Take a look.
Microsoft Math adds a social dimension to education, encouraging students to collaborate and compete with each other, and making the learning experience personal, engaging and exciting. Students can do thousands of math exercises, read theory, learn from examples, take tests, and more. Teachers can set assignments and homework for their class directly from the service, with the ability to better track students’ skill levels and to motivate them further.
Features of Microsoft Math
Let’s revise the great features of Microsoft Math:
- Offers students 24/7 access to interactive maths learning
- Game-like approach
- Offers social support
- Provides an opportunity for students to collaborate with classmates and friends – or compete with them to see who can reach the top of the rankings.
- Helps teachers to improve their own skills and working methods. Teachers gain access to a rich exercise bank to ease class planning. The interactive system provides them clearer understanding of their students’ skills – and a new channel to communicate with and motivate them.
- Can be undertaken on any digital device
Join the Microsoft Educator Community
Why not join the Microsoft Educator Community (free) and connect and collaborate around the world and gain easy access to lessons created by educators for educators:
https://education.microsoft.com/. There are so many useful lessons on the Community and there are probably numerous Maths lessons.