This idea comes from a lovely shared resource from the Simple K12 Learning Community which I have elaborated on.
The aim of the lesson
The aim of the lesson is for the students to recall their knowledge on a Unit they might have learned about in class or a project task they have been given. They would create a PowerPoint 3D museum with different rooms, with animations, showing what they have learned and they would present this to the rest of the class.
- Following the suggestions given on Simple K12 for making a 3D museum, I went through the instructions to fully grasp what it entailed. You can find this instructions below each slide here:
- The Grade 6s were learning about medicine. I added the following task:
- After a discussion on great discoveries in medicine, the students choose their person to research individually but are placed with a buddy for discussion purposes and brainstorming how to complete some of the requirements of the task.
- They create the 3D museum so that they have four slides on which to present their information plus a bibliography slide at the end.
- They work on their research and presentations with the teacher facilitating. .
- When their presentation is complete let the students report back on their findings.
The students enjoyed making these presentations. The complete lesson took 4 hours.
These are three sides from a presentation from one of the students hosted in Google Drive. The transitions and hyperlinks don’t work in this format, but one can see the general idea.