This looks AMAZING especially if you are interested in finding out more about how to use Google in your classroom.
“Dear Administrators, IT Leaders, Academic Heads of Schools, Universities, FET and TVET Colleges
You are invited to attend one of our Innovation Tours in either East London or Cape Town in October 2014! It is a one-day event where we will share ideas about Google for Education from both the technical and academic points of view. Our GEG Team would also be available to discuss professional development.
- Learn how Google for EDU is bringing South African educational institutions online, transforming the way students, learners and staff use technology.
- Google Apps technical implementation, integration and deployment topics.
- Google for Education Academic & Teaching ideas and hands-on activities.
- You are welcome to bring your own device.
- Chromebooks will be available for you to try out.
We would like to invite 2 IT/Management and 2 Academic staff from each organization. There is no cost to attend. We will be hosting more of these events in other provinces as well, later this year and early next year.
Where: Selborne Primary School, Crewe Rd, East London, Eastern Cape
When: Monday, 20 October 2014
8:45 – 4:30 (followed by a cocktail reception)
Where: Double Tree, 31 Brickfield Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, Western Cape
When: Friday, 24 October 2014, 8:45 – 4:30 (followed by a cocktail reception)
RSVP: By completing this form or copy and paste this link in a web-address bar to complete the form:
We look forward to meeting with you!
- Pre-Registration (online via forms)
- Google for Education Overview
- Guide to Going Google
- Getting Education Online
- Infrastructure/Access Guide Overview
- Change Management – Change Management – Staff, Learners, Parents / Community, Policy, Access, and so on.
- Communities – GDG, GBG, GEG
- Panel discussion & knowledge sharing – from R-12 to Higher Ed.
Select one of the streams you would like to attend
- Stream 1 – GfE Technical Toolkit focus
- Stream 2 – GfE Academic & Teaching ideas
Stream 1 – Technical Toolkit focus
Audience: Developer & ICT leads
60mins: Admin Panel Demo
- Organizational Units
- Activating Applications
- Security & Domain Control
- Device Management
60mins: Infrastructure for the Connected Classroom
- Elements of Infrastructure
- Internet Connectivity Requirements
- Working Offline
45mins: Google for EDU API & Integration
- The Admin SDK
- Google Apps Script
- APIs & Sample Use Cases
Stream 2 – Academic & Teaching Focus
Audience: Teachers / Academic Staff
90mins: Hands-on workshop: Google for EDU apps
- Document Management – Drive, Docs, Sheets
- Managing Teams – G+, Groups, Forms
- Managing Classes : Classroom
30mins: Professional Development
- Google Educator Groups
60mins: Connected Classrooms
- Google Hangouts on Air
- The ‘Youtube’ factor
Google for EDU Team”