Background to the webinar
Mabore says, “The South African government has invested a capital of approximately R17 billion ZAR budget in rolling out technology-based learning for primary school education. This roll-out is done in phases and is implemented from one province to the other. This has been a call for urgent teachers’ development in the use of ICT for teaching and learning, and digital literacy. To this end, educators’ professional development has become more relevant and a priority for both SACE (professional council for educators) members and for individual educators who have adopted it as a requirement for using technology in the classroom.
With the above background that informs one of the strategic priorities of South Africa and the education system, I will be taking educators through the anytime, anywhere, free professional development courses that are available on the Microsoft Educator Network. This network, among other benefits, helps educators understand how Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can enhance the teaching and learning experience and enable students to acquire 21st century skills.”
Meeting Name: Professional Development for teachers on the Microsoft Educator Network
Summary: The following are the focus areas for the webinar:
- Professional Development Courses available on Microsoft Educator Network and how to access them
- Benefits of the Professional Development Courses Digital Literacy
- Learn the basics about using computers, the internet, productivity programs, and security and privacy
- The Teaching with Technology (TwT) curriculum designed to help educators understand how
- How the Self-Assessment Works
- Windows 8 in the Classroom
- Learn how Windows 8 is making learning personal, connecting students and teachers in entirely new ways, and delivering an immersive learning experience.
- Generate certificates
Presenter: Mabore Lekalakala, one of South Africa’s #MIEExpert15 teachers
When: Thursday 26th February 2015 at 3:15 PM
Duration: 15 – 30 minutes
Time Zone: (GMT+02:00) Pretoria
To join the meeting: http://meet78641452.adobeconnect.com/microsoftpd/
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before or if you haven’t attended an Adobe Connect meeting for a while you might need to install a free add-in. To investigate this, test your connection: http://meet78641452.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
SchoolNet South Africa provides a short, free webinar every Thursday afternoon during the school term. Our new starting time is 3:15pm.