On Thursday afternoon (27 February 2014) at 3.30pm we held a SchoolNet webinar entitled ‘Create an Internet Start page using Protopage’ presented by Fiona Beal from SchoolNet.
The webinar description
Protopage is an Internet start page that you can create and use for quick access to everything on the web that you visit the most. You can use it to:
• Keep bookmarks to frequently accessed web sites
• Organize your day with to-do lists and sticky notes
• Create web pages, group pages, and intranets
• Read news from your favourite news sites and blogs
• Add widgets such as clocks, calulators, videos, photos, maps and calendars
• You can set your page to open when you open the Internet
You can keep your page private, make it public, or even set a group password so that you can share parts of it with specific friends or colleagues. Set your Protopage as your personal start page, and it will appear every time you open your web browser! Protopage is great to use with a class. They can use yours or create their own, personalise their pages, add backgrounds, widgets they like and links to all their Internet creations in other programmes as well as links to topics they are learning about. You’ll love using Protopage…
This presentation has been uploaded to the SchoolNet SlideShare account and it can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
The Webinar Recording
If you missed the webinar you can listen to the webinar recording. Here is the link:
SchoolNet holds a webinar every Thursday afternoon at 3.30pm