Every week our bookmarks from Diigo arrive on the SchoolNet blog as a draft, posted by Diigo; and I normally just leave them there. But today I thought I would start to publish them weekly.
- podcasting-in-education – home: a lovely wiki full of ideas about podcasting
- Checking out Podcasting in Education | Emerging Education Technology: A blogpost about the uses of podcasting.
- enigeo: Enigeo is a great way to learn countries, capitals and flags around the world in a fun way.
- What’s a “TweetChat” and Why Should You Be Doing It?: Tweetchats are a very popular development in Twitter
- Is Twitter the Driving Force Behind Upcoming Educational Change? | Online Universities: The power of Twitter
- White House Interactive Tour | The White House: Visit the whitehouse without paying a cent
Presentations and brochures
- Embed Web Videos in PowerPoint Presentations: This is a way to show your videos straight from Powerpoint
- simplebooklet.com: a delightful way to make brochures online
- Teacher’s recommendations for academic uses of 5 fun free presentation tools | Emerging Education Technology
- TED Education’s Channel – YouTube: This is useful for educators – everything in one place
Web 2.0 technologies
- 21stcenturylearningwithedmodo – home
- 10 Internet Technologies Educators Should Be Informed About – 2011 Update | Emerging Education Technology
- Atrixware E-Learning Solutions » Blog Archive » 4 Useful Free E-Learning Tools to Try This Year
- PHSlib 2.0 / FrontPage : This is a lovely wiki called tools2create4schools. it takes 10 Web 2.0 tools and gives tutorials on how to teach them.
- 5 Student-Driven Projects That Engage Higher-Level Thinking Skills | Catlin Tucker, Honors English Teacher
Curating the web
- Top 10 Sites for Curating the Web
- Why not become a curator with Scoop.it: A tutorial on how to become a curator of the web using Scoop.it
Blogs as educational tools
Sites for Foundation Phase teacher
- Early Years Foundation Stage: Communication, Language and Literacy: Games teaching resources – TES
- Spelling Handbook – Resources – TES
- Leadership Communication Tools | Techconnects
- Really FANTASTIC teaching websites. – Resources – TES: These are sites for Foundation Phase teachers
Free audio books
- http://missnoor.visibli.com/share/L2fFo6: This is a marvelous collection of free audio books