SchoolNet SA’s current Executive Director, Janet Thomson, is retiring and the Board of Directors of SchoolNet SA are seeking to appoint a new leader for the organisation.
What are the key functions of the Executive Director?
The Executive Director of SchoolNet SA, under the governance of the Board of Directors will take overall responsibility for the organisation. Specific responsibilities will include:
- leading the development of the strategic plan of SchoolNetSA at a national level
- overseeing the implementation of that plan in a financially sustainable manner
- establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships
- managing the assigned human resources and supporting their development in order to deliver on the agreed activities.
What are the requirements for this position?
Applicants for the Executive Director position must:
- hold a degree in education or equivalent (a relevant postgraduate qualification
is a recommendation)
- have 5-10 years’ experience in ICT education
- have a valid driver’s licence
and their own vehicle
- be competent in the use of ICT
- be proficient in the use of English
in written and verbal communications
- have excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience of managing people
Who is SchoolNet SA’s current Executive Director?
SchoolNet SA’s current Executive Director, Janet Thomson, was seconded to SchoolNet SA from the KwaZulu Natal Department of Education in 2001 and worked full time for SchoolNet SA from 2003 as the Education Manager. Janet was appointed as the Executive Director of SchoolNet SA in 2005 and after fourteen years of leading the organisation, Janet has decided to retire.
Read more about the Executive Director position and how to apply here. Applications close on 28 January 2019.