Wednesday, November 16th, is the final day of our the seventh annual Global Education Conference. It’s been an amazing conference, hope you can join us for some of the final keynotes or sessions!
- Simple instructions on joining the conference for newcomers: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/need-more-help.
- We are partnering with Chrome Warrior and using their gamification platform to provide an enhanced professional development experience for Global Education Conference attendees. Here is a player’s guide to getting started with Chrome Warrior. Please read it thoroughly if you are considering playing. If you reach a total of 300 points, you will be eligible for a special digital badge and a personalized certificate of participation from the GEC!
- If the conference site should experience any difficulties, a back-up site with session calendars and links is at http://www.globaledcon.com.
- Recordings of any sessions that have taken place will accessible on the conference recordings page, usually within a few minutes after a session has ended.
- Follow the Twitter conversation with #globaled16
Great session with educators from Israel, Mexico, Colombia, Canada, Nepal and USA. Wow! GEC, You rock!
The list of today’s sessions, in US-Eastern Standard Time, is below. To see the the full conference schedule in your own time zone, with the direct links to session rooms, go to the conference schedule page.
Want to volunteer to help moderate sessions? It’s not too late! Sign up and information here. It’s a ton of fun, you’ll be doing some good, and you’ll have the undying gratitude of the conference organizers!
Wednesday, November 16th
- What does it take to make the world our classroom – Anne Mirtschin
- (iEARN) Collaborative learning through an online magazine -iMagzz – Making Myself Heard – Geeta Rajan,Head,International Affairs
- (iEARN) Partners of the Americas and iEARN: The Power of Connections and International Collaboration in Education – Mr. André Hedlund
- CLASS: Connected Learning Activities through Social Service – Sebastian Panakal, Chairperson
- Factors causing student anxiety in English speaking class: from first year students’ perspectives – Dr Thi Tuyet Tran
- (iEARN) Hands for Peace – Almerinda Garibaldi
- Studying Abroad and Its Broad Impact for Nursing Students in Diploma Programs – Nicole Hall
- (iEARN) “Photojournalism for covering social issues in Tajikistan – raise the youth voice.” – Firuz Baratov
- Promoting cultural and geographical awareness through online exchanges – Mrs. Quratulain Hussain
- (iEARN) Where Do The Children Play – Freda Goodman
- Cómo Preparar Alumnos para el Siglo XXl Con Pocos Recursos – Fabiana Casella
- Gamify Your PD: Leading Districts ‘Win’ with Teacher-Driven, Self-Paced PD – Julia Francis, Partner
- Gomabseubnida, Seoul: How My Summer in Korea Made Me a Better Teacher. – Amy M. Barrios, Ed.D.; Associate Professor
- The comparative analysis of different online education and blended learning solutions in the non-OECD context. – Dr. Pablo B. Markin
- Connecting India Around The World – Ms Poonam Sharma
- How meditation and creative imagination can prepare global students and teachers – Dr.Elena Puntaroli
- Lesson Jamming Collaboration – Mrs. Maha Hassan
- Micro-learning as a lifelong learning approach of the 21st century: Potentials and Challenges. – Mr. Mohamed Ramadan
- (iEARN) Impact of STEM learning program on main stream education – Ms. Alema Nasim
- El acceso global de profesores y estudiantes mediante cursos de micro aprendizaje y mensajería instantánea – Carlos Bravo Reyes PhD
- How to facilitate cross-cultural projects in a digital exchange – Jack Haskell, teacher and educational coordinator
- The Global Student News Network – Don Goble – Multimedia Instructor
- Tips To Prepare Students for a 21st Century Global Class With 20th Century Environment – Mrs Fabiana Casella
- KEYNOTE: Dmitry Savelau – “Education for Social Change: the Power of Collective Action”
- Bringing the world into your K-5 classroom with new technology can help tackle prejudice before it begins. – Sanny Zuiderveld, co-founder
- Global Classrooms – Teresa Kramarz, Assistant Professor
- Middle School General Music…A Provincial Dumping Ground or Global Oasis? – Kathryn Smith, Middle School General Music Teacher
- The role of curriculum in teachers’ understanding of Global Citizenship Education in one of public schools in Akmola region, Kazakhstan – Mrs.Zhanar Ordabayeva
- Differentiated Instruction: Innovative Strategies to Increase Student Engagement, Motivation & Transfer of Learning – Lauren D. Pitts, Doctoral Candidate
- Robotics Unplugged: Introduction to Engineering – Melda N Yildiz
- Supporting Global Education in the Media Center and Throughout Your School – Daryl Weakland – School Library Media Coordinator
- VIOLA – Values In Our Lives Always – Mr Drew Buddie
- KEYNOTE: Tonya Muro – “Learning With the World through Virtual Exchange: Building Bridges, Breaking Down Barriers”
- Creating Global Citizens in the 21st Century – Chantelle Kohn, Program Director
- Faculty Inspiring World-Ready Educators: Global Ed Catches FIRE in Rural Virginia – Patricia Talbot, Associate Professor
- Global Food Security Resources: Collaboration between agriculture and education – Jane Hunt, Education Consultant
- Nuggets from the Gold Mine: Resources and Opportunities for Global Perspectives – Jay Harris, President and Creative Producer
- Educación Expandida: Creación colaborativa – Profesora Cristina Velázquez
- Generation Global: Navigating Difference Through Dialogue – Mrs. Muna Abbas
- We Can Change the Picture With The “Matrix of a Learner” – Tracy Hanson, Founder
- CLOSING KEYNOTE: Gavin Dykes – “Learnings with and from the Maverick Teachers Global Summit”
- Final Notes – Closing the Conference