With Windows Live Writer you can write your posts offline and then publish them when you are finished. This will be a great help to me as I usually write my posts in Word – and the HTML code is very complicated behind the scenes. Correcting the formatting in the published post is also a headache! I am using Live Writer now for the first time so I’ll be able to comment on how easy it is to use in a minute. To install Live Writer this is what you need to do:
1. Go to the Internet and search for Windows Live Writer.
2. Click on Download now. It will give you an option to download the whole Live Essentials pack. Untick the blocks that you don’t require.
3. Install Live Writer.
4. Choose your blog type and follow the instruction.
5. Once everything is ready and you have restarted your computer you can start writing your post offline, and then publish it.
6. Just to recap, here is a short video from the Partners in Learning UK site giving the instructions for using Live Writer.
Well, I have taken a look at my published post and wow! I love the formatting! If I look behind the scenes to the HTML code it is very neat and straightforward. I might be doing all my posts like this in future!