Microsoft Reimagine is an online event that explores innovative ways to support inclusive learning for K-12 (Grade 0-12) students. It is a digital experience where educators get to re-envision unique ways to use technology and explore new possibilities to enhance teaching and learning for students.
The event explored multiple education solutions for schools to use in order to empower educators. Some of the solutions shared were the new edition of Windows 11 (Windows 11 SE) which aims at making the lives of educators and IT admins easier by designing a platform/device that is secure, easy to deploy and manage and perform well all day across the changing conditions of a school year. Microsoft promises inclusive and accessible learning by designing solutions that support more engaging, collaborative, and accessible learning. It offers capabilities such as analytics, accessibility tools, and translation directly within its platforms. Immerse reader which is built-in Office 365 makes digital reading a lot easier and helps students with reading challenges. Microsoft Translator embedded in Microsoft Teams helps students with real-time translation. All these tools help create an inclusive learning environment and a blended digital classroom.
Here are some top resources for educators to amplify learning.
5 top resources by Microsoft
- Support reading fluency with this course on Reading Progress
- Watch the latest on inclusive and accessible learning
- Make more informed decisions with our course on Education Insights
- See tips on how to customize your Windows 11 taskbar
- Help your students navigate emotions with the Feelings Monster
- Paige Johnson, ”Imagining a new era of education”, Microsoft Education Blog, November 9, 2021, accessed November 17, 2021
- Microsoft, https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/, November News Letter, accessed November 17, 2021