Closing date: Friday, 22 April 2022
Opportunity type: Employment
SchoolNet South Africa is a public benefit, not-for-profit company established in 1997, which acts as an advocate for effective digital learning as a catalyst for positive educational change through professional development and training. Digital learning is at the core of our focus and our work strives to engage learners, to encourage and motivate teachers and senior managers to enhance their teaching approaches, and to build an inclusive society for underserved communities through Digital Skills for All initiatives.
SchoolNet South Africa is looking for a Digital Education Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary range: 300K-450K
Qualification and Experience:
- Education qualification, and at least 3 years of experience in Digital Education
- Proven experience and expertise in Digital Education, Training, and Development (ECD, Basic Education, HEI, Community support, and/or development)
- Knowledge of Education sector imperatives and programmes
- Knowledge of SchoolNet’s programmes and methodology would be an advantage
- Must have a strong digital footprint
The Digital Education Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and is required to contribute to, and lead all education, development, and content functions for SchoolNet South Africa. Must be able to implement strategic organisational targets, as well short and long-term education imperatives. As a team player, it will be essential to have a growth and empowerment mindset for internal and external engagements.
Education, training, and development functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Research, design, and development of education, training and knowledge strategies, materials- development for online, face to face and blended digital teaching and learning interaction
- Ensure scalability, sustainability, and effectiveness for all learning resources and training
- Has strong networks with other curriculum, subject or digital education specialists
- Provide iterative monitoring and evaluation of internal/external education, training, and development needs
- Provides instructional leadership, guidance, and support for testing, curriculum development, and delivery using digital platforms
- Evaluates and provides recommendations to improve curriculum planning, pedagogy and methodology for a range of different audiences which include (and is not limited to)
- Teachers, Educators, Learners, SMT, Community members, HEIs and out-of-school youth.
- Development of pre-and post-evaluation and quality assurance framework/s, for design, development, implementation, management, and reporting of digital content and training
- Knowledge management and documentation of lessons learned (for internal and external communication
- Contributes to business development, fundraising initiatives
- Strong skills in writing Proposals, and Reports (Research report writing would be an advantage)
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Must have technical insights and knowledge of digital tools, platforms and applications for learning
- Strong social media skills and presence are required.
If you are interested in civil society engagement, believe SchoolNet is a good fit for you, and have the required skills/education background then please send a motivation letter, certified ID, an updated CV, and link/s to a Portfolio of past work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SchoolNet reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about SchoolNet, refer to https://www.schoolnet.org.za/