Submitted by Fiona Beal
If you are a South African teacher reading this we would like to tell you about a writing opportunity and a free online writing course that is coming up with SchoolNetSA as part of the amazing African Storybook project and website that is being developed for Africa. Our 30 days of writing posts will lead up to giving more information about this. WATCH THIS SPACE!
More and more one can see how amazing it could be if all the students in a class have tablets. Imagine having just one or two minutes each day to get the students writing! This website http://oneworld.com is designed for just that. All you have to do is:
- You’ll see one word at the top of the following screen.
- You have sixty seconds to write about it.
- Click go and the page will load with the cursor in place.
- Don’t think. Just write.
Advantages of daily writing practise:
- This could get students into the habit of just writing and thinking out of the box.
- By writing every day, the students gain fluency while getting a chance to practice important punctuation, spelling, and style skills in context
- The students will soon start writing more fluently.