This is a great competition that you do not want to miss out on. Last year South Africa selected 16 Microsoft Innovative Educator Experts. Four of them were sent to the Global Forum in Dubai while another four were sent to the E2 Global Educator Exchange in Redmond, Washington.
You can read about these two events here:
- A report back on the Microsoft In Education Global Forum Dubai by Karen Stadler, a MIEExpert15 in South Africa http://bit.ly/1hFZOSZ
- ‘My dream came true at E2’ – a report back on the Microsoft E2 Educator Exchange in Redmond in May by MIEExpert15, Linda Foulkes http://bit.ly/1hFYKif
At the same time as this the content of the Microsoft in Education site is being migrated to Microsoft’s new site that comes into effect on 30 October 2015! So here are the details for getting in your entry before the 30 October:
How to get your entry in by 6 November
- Join the new Microsoft Educator Community at https://education.microsoft.com/(if you already
had a profile on the Microsoft Educator Network you will be able to move your
details across to the new site)
- Find out more about the Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert programme
here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/educators/miee/default.aspx(if you are not
able to access this link – please join the Microsoft Educator Community first)
- If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Microsoft Innovative
Educator Expert – fill in the self-nomination form here by 30 October 2015: http://aka.ms/mienomination
As part of this
online application form you will be asked to provide a link to an online
document, a Sway, Microsoft Mix, online video that:
o Tells the adjudicators why you consider yourself to be a Microsoft
Innovative Educator Expert
o Describes a lesson you have taught in which you have incorporated Microsoft
technologies in innovative ways.
o Explains how do you think being an MIE Expert will impact your teaching?
Find out more about the competition
To find out more about this amazing competition visit these links:
- Sway on the Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert process: https://sway.com/333K2FD7bTzPlXbg
- YouTube video on ‘What does it mean to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqK3Nho9YU&feature=youtu.be
Just do it! You never know what can happen!