We have exciting news for you. As of today Microsoft and SchoolNet will be launching a competition for teachers who are using one or more of the Microsoft tools mentioned below as part of their teaching.
You could win a trip to the SchoolNet SA ICT in the Classroom conference or a Teaching with Technology Kick-Off session for your school by sharing your idea for using one or more of these Microsoft tools with other teachers and creating a Facebook post about it. More details about prizes are given in the Prize section below.
HOW TO ENTER
(includes the “Use IT – Share IT – Like IT” Contest Terms & Conditions)
Step 1: Use a Microsoft tool as part of a lesson
Use one or more of the following new free tools from Microsoft in a lesson. If you have not used any of these tools before, use this as an opportunity to try one or more of them out.
- Office 365 for Education http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/educators/teacher-resources/default.aspx#fbid=4fEqvPS8bDo
- Windows 8 and apps for Education http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/educators/teacher-resources/default.aspx#fbid=4fEqvPS8bDo
- OneNote http://blogs.office.com/2014/10/07/introducing-onenote-class-notebooks-flexible-digital-framework-teaching-learning/
- OfficeMix https://mix.office.com/
- Sway https://sway.com/
- Skype in the Classroom https://education.skype.com/
- Microsoft Math https://math.microsoft.com
- Minecraft https://minecraft.net/
Step 2: Share your lesson on your own Facebook page using the following instructions so that we know about it
– VERY IMPORTANT Create a post on your own Facebook page. Save it as PUBLIC and add the hashtag to your Facebook post #MSToolsInEdu15 – this will enable us to find your entry. Once you have done that if you have any queries you can inbox the Microsoft-South Africa and Lesotho page and let us know.
– In your post describe how you have used a Microsoft tool to create a great lesson. Tell us what impact the tool has had or how it has enhanced your teaching. Your post should not be longer than 2 sentences.
– Please include 1 to 3 photos in your post. These could be screen grabs of the tool in action or a photo of the lesson in progress. Remember to get permission from learner’s parents to include photos of them if you show their faces or take photos in such a way so that learner’s identities are protected.
– Alternately create and share a short video (no longer that two minutes) describing how you have used the tool. You can create a video that shows off your creation as a screencast – or it can just be a simple video shot with your cell phone in which you explain what you did.
Step 3: Encourage your colleagues and social network to Like your lesson idea on the Microsoft in Education – South Africa and Lesotho Facebook page
We would love people to see your great lesson idea. Ask your colleagues, professional network, Twitter followers and Facebook friends to like your lesson idea on the Microsoft in Education – South Africa and Lesotho Facebook page.
Step 4: Stand a chance to win a prize by being in the draw with the best lessons shared
– Prizes will be awarded to the most popular lessons as measured by the number of “likes” they receive as well as the lessons which the Microsoft and SchoolNet panel of judges believe to be the most creative and engaging uses of the Microsoft tools.
– Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
This contest starts at 08h00 hours GMT on Friday 24 April 2015 and ends at 17h00 hours GMT on Monday 1 June 2015 (inclusive).
USE OF DATA:
Personal data which you provide when you enter the draw may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
The winner will be notified in the form of a direct inbox on Facebook or Twitter. The winner will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter pages. The winner may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
– An opportunity to attend the SchoolNet SA ICT in the Classroom conference being held in Durban to present your Learning Activity (Microsoft will cover travel and accommodation costs and conference fee)
– A Microsoft Teaching with Technology Kick-Off session for teachers at your school
The Prize is not transferable. No cash alternatives are available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be issued to the winner within 2 weeks of notification.
The winner’s consent to their names being made publicly available. Winner’s names may be available on Microsoft’s Facebook page – Microsoft South Africa for a period of 3 months after the final draw date by email.
No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Contest or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
This Contest is sponsored by Microsoft South Africa (Pty) Limited, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, 3091. The Contest will be facilitated by SchoolNet SA.
This contest is open to any educator in South Africa or Lesotho that uses a Microsoft tool in a lesson and shares the idea through the delegated Facebook Page. This contest excludes Microsoft employees, their agents and their families, and anyone else professionally connected with this contest.