Submitted by Fiona Beal
Are you interested in learning the inns and outs of Adobe Essentials and Adobe Premier, and then teaching a group of your learners the same programmes? You would then use these programmes to create a short movie with a message for youth. Keen to know more?
SchoolNet is facilitating an Adobe Youth Voices online course which is an international course run by Adobe. The dates are February 18, 2013 – April 15, 2013. We have six places available for South African teachers to participate in this course and then complete the media projects. The online course is facilitated by two international AYV trainers across a period of 8 weeks.
Previous blogposts on the Adobe Youth Voices project
We have a number of SchoolNet blogposts written about previous years in the Adobe Youth Voices project if you would like to have some background:
1. SchoolNet’s Adobe Youth Voices programme sends a team to California
(18 August 2011)
2. A wonderful Adobe Youth Voices media opportunity for South African teachers!
(27 August 2012)
3. Adobe Youth Voices in South Africa–teachers, you have to join this amazing project! (5 September 2012)
4. Congratulations to our Adobe Youth Voices project winners! (19 September 2012)
SchoolNet’s YouTube channel
You can view some of the media that was created if you look through these posts. Our SchoolNet YouTube Channel also displays the media. Here is one of last years entries:
Title: Rise of Racism and Hazardous Stereotyping
Educator: Maropeng TL Monareng
Duration: 7.48 minutes
Your responsibilities as a participant
The AYV course is offered to teachers who have access to at least a laptop with connectivity who agree to:
1. Participate in the online course (dates of this course- February 18, 2013 – April 15, 2013)
2. Teach your group of learners the skills learned through the online course
3. Help your learners produce some form of media for submission to AYV international.
There are a number of activities allocated to each week. The course programme is attached. J The participating teachers have access to AYV forums and tutorials so that if they lack certain skills they have opportunity to learn them in addition to participating in the online course.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- The philosophy of the Adobe Youth Voices program and what is expected of you, your sites and the youth you are working with as part of the program.
- Models of instructional practice as they relate to working with youth and media.
- The value and methodologies of youth media making.
- The various media formats in which youth work can be created.
- Steps and strategies to facilitating effective youth media making.
- Community connections and strategies for building and engaging audiences.
Why not apply?
If you would like to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org