The ISPA Super Teacher Competition sponsored by the Internet service providers association is now open for registration, Please join us in promoting this competition at schools and amongst colleagues.
What is the ISPA SuperTeacher Competition?
Background to the competition
ISPA launched the ISPA SuperTeacher Competition in 2001 in association with their Train the Teacher ICT Project. The aim of the competition is to give teachers an opportunity to showcase their skills in using Information Communication Technologies (ICT) to better the educational environment.
Click here to watch an e-TV video about a previous ISPA SuperTeacher Competition winner.
Who can enter?
The prestigious ISPA SuperTeacher of the Year Competition is an excellent opportunity for all educators in all schools, as there are now THREE categories to win from namely: ISPA SuperTeacher award, ISPA TechTeacher award and ISPA ChampTeacher award.
How is the ISPA SuperTeacher, TechTeacher and ChampTeacher of the Year selected?
The winning teacher is selected on the basis of a Portfolio of Evidence that showcases their ICT in Education Project in ONE of the following categories:
- Curriculum integration and classroom management – creative and efficient use of ICT to enhance teaching and learning in the 21st century
- Effective school leadership and management – innovative use of ICT skills to streamline administrative tasks and activities
- The school in the community – appropriate use of ICT to strengthen the relationship between your school and the community it serves
- Registration will close on Friday 6 March 2015.
- The competition will close finally on 31 July 2015 when all completed projects will be evaluated.
- Finalists will be invited to attend iWeek and the ISPA SuperTeacher awards when the winners will be announced.
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive confirmation from the organizers and you will be ready to join us on an exciting journey. Your progress will be monitored throughout the competition, and various deadlines will need to be met along the way.
- Ten finalists are selected each year.
- They each receive an all-expenses paid, 3-day, 2-night trip to the venue location for the awards ceremony.
- This year, the Winners of the 2015 ISPA SuperTeacher of the Year Competition will be announced at a glittering Gala Dinner Awards Evening taking place in Cape Town.
- The exact date of the awards ceremony will be advised at the end of March.
Read more about the prizes here