Microsoft’s Innovative Educator Expert (MIE Expert) is an exclusive one year program that celebrates educators across the world who use technology to transform education. This exclusive global community consists of visionary leaders and other forward thinking educators who work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education.
What are the benefits of being a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
From the applications that are received by 30 September 2013 a number of teachers from South Africa and Lesotho will be selected for the program. They will receive the following:
- An invitation to join the Partners in Learning Global Forum taking place in Barcelona, Spain in March 2013. Travel expenses are paid by Microsoft for educators who are invited to participate.
- An opportunity to collaborate with like-minded educators from around the world.
- Exclusive professional and career development opportunities through virtual calls, face to face training and virtual communities of practice.
- Insider briefings from Microsoft on products and education research.
- An opportunity to share your innovations with world renowned educators and globally recognized specialists.
- An opportunity to share your positive stories through social media and blogs.
What are the selection criteria?
To be selected as a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert, you must be actively teaching and have a passion for using technology to improve student outcomes.
MIE Experts are educators who are passionate, charismatic leaders who are self-driven and who motivate others. We would also like to see teachers who are active on social media, active participants on the Partners in Learning Network and participants in professional development opportunities applying.
What do I need to do to apply?
- Sign in or join the Partners in Learning Network
- Download the application instructions
- Demonstrate how you are using technology to support 21st century teaching practices by uploading a learning activity to the Partners in Learning Network.
- Download the application rubric and the learning activity rubric to see what submissions are being assessed on
- For detailed step by step instructions on how to upload a learning activity please see the 2013 South Africa and Lesotho discussion on the Partners in Learning Network
- Apply to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert from your member profile.
What is the closing date?
Learning Activities and Innovative Educator Expert Applications need to be submitted by 30 September 2013. (Make sure you have hit submit by this date and don’t still have your submission and learning activity saved as a draft.)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org